After an age, women aren’t comfortable sharing their real age. Well leave aside the gender bias; even men aren’t comfortable answering the question how old are they. So basically, we all are afraid of aging & getting old.
Feel no guilt if you are searching for some elixir of youth. Well, your search ends here as we get Dr Suruchi Garg from Aura Skin Institute on board to give you 5 sure shot ways of postponing (if not totally eliminating) the aging phase. Here are her 5 recommended anti-aging skincare routines –
- Sunscreen is must – Sun does the maximum damage to your skin so be liberal with your sunscreen. And applying sunscreen just once a day is no wisdom; make sure to repeat it every 3-4 hours or whenever you are going out. Make sure to apply Sunscreen even on rainy as well as cloudy days.
- Let your diet be right – Your skin would start aging pre-mature if you are a junk food lover. For the love of your facial skin, at least diet wisely 5 days a week! Never skip your breakfast. Eat dry fruits, seeds, fruits & salads. And yes, the golden rule of 50 grams protein a day is what will keep your skin golden & glowing.
- The night skin-care routine – We all keep reading that one should sleep with a clean and well-moisturized skin. Dr Suruchi Garg also endorses the Cleaning – Toning – Moisturizing night-time routine for skin. The skin does tend to get dull once you reach 30s. Cleanse your skin with a mild facewash. Using a Vitamin C based night serum or rose water for toning your skin is a good habit. Follow it up with Retinol based moisturizer in case you have oily skin. People with dry skin can use Squalane based moisturizers instead.
- Meet up with your Dermatologist – Skin tends to turn problematic once you are 30. It is advisable to meet up your dermatologist especially if you are facing skin problems like blemishes, acne, under-eye puffiness, dark circles, crow’s feet etc. Prevention is always better than cure, as well all know.
- Try anti-aging treatments – It’s no fun waiting to turn 50s to try Chemical peel or non-surgical face lift therapies. With so much medical advancements happening these days, you can opt for all these and much more like fractional laser therapy, Exilis (Advanced Radiofrequency & Ultrasound combinations) & PRP therapy which does wonders to your skin and you do succeed in postponing the aging phase for long.