Microneedling Radio Frequency, also called MNRF is an advanced technique used for facial rejuvenation which is an amalgam of both traditional microneedling and novel radiofrequency. It is also referred to as ‘collagen induction therapy’. It improves skin texture and also helps in visible reduction of open pores, acne scars, wrinkles, facial sagging and dullness.
How Does MNRF Work?
The RF energy is delivered into the deeper layers of skin via small needles. Heat produced stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis, thus helps in skin tightening. Needle penetration also triggers the release of various growth factors which help in new collagen production. Healing is faster and more dramatic results are seen as RF energy is delivered deeper into the skin without damaging the epidermis.
How is MNRF procedure done?
It is a very simple, minimally invasive, half-an-hour, lunch-time procedure and you can join your work immediately after the treatment.
- First anaesthetic cream is applied for half an hour prior to the procedure over the target site.
- RF energy is delivered at desired depth via needles at disposable tip of device.
- Penetrating depth of microneedles is precisely controlled by the doctor and the procedure is continued till the desired area is completely targeted.
Indications for MNRF:
It is suited for all skin types and provides a number of advantages. It is commonly used for following applications:
- Anti-aging: MNRF gradually improves the skin texture and firmness. It reduces the wrinkles and fine lines as well as facial sagginess thus producing skin tightening and lifting together. The microneedles are driven directly into the skin at a predetermined depth, and radiofrequency energy is released. This gives a more uniformed deep tissue warming that stimulates the collagen and new collagen fibers are produced. The overall effect is youthful, glowing and tightened skin.
- Acne scar Revision: MNRF revives the healing process by starting production of new collagen, elastin and fibroblasts. This results in more orderly collagen remodeling, better skin tone, and more natural looking tissue. Depending on the severity of the scar, multiple treatments may be necessary.
- Large open pores
- Stretch marks
- Hyperhiderosis (excessive sweating)
How often it should be done?
MNRF can be repeated every three weeks and usually 3-4 sittings are sufficient, though some patients may require maintenance therapy once a year or more frequently depending upon the need. The visible results can be seen after 2nd session of treatment. This treatment is available at Aura Skin Institute for all the indications.
MNRF has few minor side effects which are usually self limiting:
- Some patients may experience mild pain during the procedure.
- May cause mild redness and inflammation over the treated area which is self-limiting and settles overnight.
- Patients may notice development of hardly perceptible, tiny crusts over the treated areas which tend to fall-off on their own.
Why chose Aura for Microneedling RF Therapy?
Aura Skin Institute has introduced this revolutionary and innovative technique in this region. We have the latest and US FDA approved first-of-its-kind device, ‘DeAge-EX’ by IDS Lasers, Seoul, Korea. It is highest on safety and offers precise and adjustable depth control from 0.1mm to 4mm. It is best in the industry device with sophisticated gold coated 49 needles and 80 Watt power output.
Microneedling Radiofrequency is becoming a favourite among practitioners and patients alike, getting approval worldwide due to the magnificent outcomes on all kinds of skin types and colours. To know more about MNRF, Have a look!!