Pigmentary issues are dealt first by classifying on the basis of underlying cause, affected part and level of pigmentation – whether it is epidermal or deep dermal. It is very important to rule out any underlying systemic condition or any hormonal aberrations before starting the treatment.
The commonly encountered pigmentation problems are:
- Melasma – brown, flat patches over the cheeks, forehead and upper lips on both sides
- Freckles – tiny, pin-head sized tan or brown flat spots over face caused by clustering of concentrated melanin
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation – develops on the face, neck or chest secondary to inflammatory dermatoses such as acne, atopic dermatitis, bug bite or psoriasis
- Hyperpigmentation in pregnancy – seen in axilla, areola, lower abdomen in midline, external genitalia and anal regions
- Cosmeceutical induced pigmentation or Ashy dermatoses – diffuse pigmentation over face due to idiopathic allergic reactions to cosmetic products
Here, at AuraSkinInstitute, we treat pigmentation by offering a variety of new generation chemical peels which may constitute a single ingredient or a cocktail therapy which is decided by our experts. The resistant and long standing cases are treated with Pixel Q-switch or Pixel Er:YAG laser. Use of sunscreen is a must for treatment of any kind of pigmentation.
FAQs About Pigmentary Disorders
Pigmentation problems are very common, but very challenging to treat. Before chalking out any treatment plan, we first try to find the underlying cause of the problem. We offer a range of latest chemical peels and world-class laser treatments for this purpose. They are safe for almost all skin types and give very effective results. If you have any doubts regarding this treatment, then here is the description of some of the main FAQs and their answers to clear your queries. Have a look!!
- What is Pigmentation Treatment and how does it work?
- For pigmentation problem first and foremost is correct diagnosis of the problem. Besides the medical treatment, one may require chemical peels or pixel Q-switch laser or a combination of these as per requirement.
- Can people of all skin types and colors go for this treatment?
- Pixel Q-switch laser is absolutely safe option for all skin types and colors.
- How long does this treatment take?
- This is very simple, lunch time procedure and the treatment time is 15-20 minutes only. And one can resume work immediately after the procedure.
- How many treatment sessions are needed?
- Chemical peels require 5 to 6 sessions and laser treatment requires 3 to 5 sessions.
- Will it hurt me or cause any long-term side effects?
- The treatments offered (peels and pixel Q-switch laser) at Aura Skin Institute are absolutely painless with zero recovery time. No anaesthesia or numbing gels are required. No serious side-effects or complications are noted post-treatment, however some patients may get redness and inflammation over the treated area which is self-limiting and settles overnight. Ice compresses may be applied to the treatment areas to speed up recovery and to make you more comfortable.
"The world's biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman."
At AuraSkinInstitute, Cocktail Therapies stand for a unique blend of various medical treatments for a glowing youthful skin, including removal of Pigmentation, Periorbital Pigmentation, Acne or Pimples and Facial Rejuvenation. Our experts won't let you complain of any discomfort or inefficiency during the treatment! Go through every detail, mentioned here and prepare your mind for the treatment you need. You have the right to know everything, after all its your skin, your looks, your money!!!
Get a Free Quote Here »