Pigmentary issues are dealt first by classifying on the basis of underlying cause, affected part and level of pigmentation - whether it is epidermal or deep dermal. It is very important to rule out any underlying systemic condition or any hormonal aberrations before starting the treatment.
The commonly encountered pigmentation problems are:
- Melasma - brown, flat patches over the cheeks, forehead and upper lips on both sides
- Freckles - tiny, pin-head sized tan or brown flat spots over face caused by clustering of concentrated melanin
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation - develops on the face, neck or chest secondary to inflammatory dermatoses such as acne, atopic dermatitis, bug bite or psoriasis
- Hyperpigmentation in pregnancy - seen in axilla, areola, lower abdomen in midline, external genitalia and anal regions
- Cosmeceutical induced pigmentation or Ashy dermatoses - diffuse pigmentation over face due to idiopathic allergic reactions to cosmetic products
Here, at AuraSkinInstitute, we treat pigmentation by offering a variety of new generation chemical peels which may constitute a single ingredient or a cocktail therapy which is decided by our experts. The resistant and long standing cases are treated with Pixel Q-switch or Pixel Er:YAG laser. Use of sunscreen is a must for treatment of any kind of pigmentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pigmentation problems are very common, but very challenging to treat. Before chalking out any treatment plan, we first try to find the underlying cause of the problem. We offer a range of latest chemical peels and world-class laser treatments for this purpose. They are safe for almost all skin types and give very effective results. If you have any doubts regarding this treatment, then here is the description of some of the main FAQs and their answers to clear your queries. Have a look!!