PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy is new and exciting, non-surgical concept of regenerative medicine proven to give amazing anti-aging results.
It is also referred to as ‘Vampire’ or ‘Dracula’ therapy; as it involves blood being taken from patient’s own body, processed and then re-injected directly back into patient’s own skin.
Aura Skin Institute has introduced this revolutionary and innovative, non-surgical anti-aging therapy for the first time in this part of the world.
In published medical literature from Europe and the United States, PRP therapy has been used extensively in sports injuries and other surgical specialties for the last two decades with positive outcomes and success. In the field of anti-aging, existing evidence demonstrates PRP therapy as a promising treatment option for facial rejuvenation.
How does PRP work?
PRP therapy starts a natural healing process by stimulating new collagen formation, revascularization and repair as PRP in rich in many growth factors like PDGF (Platelet Derived Growth Factor), TGF-B (transforming growth factor-beta), VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor), FGF (Fibroblast Growth Factor) and EGF (Epithelial Growth Factor). That’s how PRP therapy gradually improves the skin texture and vitality by reducing the wrinkles and fine lines from the face and neck. The overall effect is youthful, glowing and tightened skin.
It is a very simple, half-an-hour lunch-time procedure and you can join your work immediately after the treatment.
- First blood is drawn from your vein like you give blood for any other blood test.
- Then this blood is processed and centrifuged and PRP is separated from the rest of the blood and platelets are concentrated to its optimal concentration.
- Finally PRP is injected into the affected areas of your face with insulin syringe.
PRP therapy can be repeated every 1-2 months and usually 3-4 sittings are sufficient and it gives long lasting results; though some patients may require maintenance therapy once a year.
Who can take PRP Therapy?
It is primarily used to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles from the face and dark circles around the eyes. It can also be used for wrinkled neck and décolleté and for general textural improvement of the skin of hand and feet. So anybody who wants to flaunt a healthy and youthful skin to defy the age can take PRP therapy.
FAQs About PRP-Therapy for Anti-aging
PRP therapy is a well established technique of anti-aging which is very safe and gives amazing results. To know more about PRP Therapy, have a look!!
- How does PRP therapy work for anti-aging?
- Using insulin syringe and dermaroller, platelet rich plasma is injected into the dermis of skin which starts a natural healing process by stimulating new collagen formation, revascularization and repair. That’s how PRP therapy gradually improves the skin texture and vitality by reducing the wrinkles and fine lines from the face and neck.
- What can I expect from the treatment?
- You can expect more youthful look in terms of skin tightening effect and glow on your skin while wrinkles and under eye circles will be taken care of to a great extent.
- Who is a better candidate for this therapy - Man or woman?
- It is equally effective in both men and women.
- Is the treatment painful?
- The pain is subjective and patient specific. PRP is injected using insulin syringe which is generally well tolerated. For sensitive individuals, we suggest numbing gel or topical anesthesia one hour prior to procedure which reduces the pain sensation considerably. Alternately, nerve blocks can be given for better pain control.
- Any side-effects of PRP treatment for face?
- PRP therapy is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the cells from your own blood directly back into the area where it is needed. Hence is not rejected by your immune system and there are absolutely no chance of getting any infection, allergy or hypersensitivity. However, one can get mild redness, bruising or headache which is usually self-limiting and responds very well to routine analgesics.
- How long does the treatment take?
- PRP therapy is a lunch-time procedure and it takes around half an hour for the procedure and you can go back to your work place immediately after it.
- Can I wash my face after the treatment and after how much time?
- You can wash your face after 6 hours of PRP therapy with mild soap and water.
- How many treatment sessions will I need?
- PRP therapy can be repeated every 1-2 months and usually 3 sittings are sufficient, though some patients may require maintenance therapy once a year or more frequently depending upon the care and condition of their skin. After approximately 3 weeks, you will start noticing the improvement in texture and complexion of your skin; wrinkles start disappearing, scars and pores are tightened and dark under eye circles are brightened.
- Any Precautions?
- Nothing much; except not to touch or scratch the face for 6 hours after the procedure. And try keeping yourself away from the dusty and polluted environment for a day.
"The problem with beauty is that it's like being born rich and getting poorer."
Our mantra is to re-juvenate, re-enliven and re-fresh your skin using innovative and revolutionary medical techniques. We, at AuraSkinInstitute, offer treatments that are completely safe & reliable!!! All the Anti-aging therapies, performed under the guidance of expert doctors, can be customized according to your skin type. We don't spare any room for insecurities or worries!! Leave all your inhibitions behind and surrender yourself to our Experts! You will come out completely satisfied!!!
Get a Free Quote Here »