Scars form as part of the skin’s natural healing process whenever multiple layers of skin are injured. The injury may be the result of an accident, surgery, burns or even severe acne. There are basically three types of scars: Atrophic, Hypertrophic and Keloidal.
Laser Scar Removal is considered as one of the safest methods for decreasing the presence of scars. It saves you from Surgeon’s knife while giving equally good or even better results than the surgery. Laser treatment is simple and easy, in-and-out procedure and no anesthesia is required. The biggest advantage of Laser treatment is the speed with which the results are achieved. Most patients notice improvement after the very first sitting.
Laser technique produces internal heat which is used to vaporize the outermost layer of the scar tissue. This heating process helps in the formation of new skin tissues by stimulating the removal of the hard scar tissue and neutralizing the ugly signs.
Stretch marks removal/Skin Restoration
Stretch marks or striae are often due to excessive stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth (common in puberty) or rapid weight gain (e.g. pregnancy, muscle building, or rapid gain of fat). Laser technology works effectively to improve and remove the problem of red or raised skin scars, like stretch marks. The technique of using lasers to decrease stretch marks helps to enhance the natural synthesis of your skin’s collagen. This laser procedure for stretch marks works to increase the renewed growth of the diminishing skin collagen. It helps to take-off the damaged skin tissue, heal the broken blood vessels and restore the fibers of the middle part of the skin. This process helps to “fill in” and treat the problem of the stretch marks. The laser beam aimed at these marks is extremely safe for use, as it does not penetrate the deeper organs of the body.
Another effective way to take away scar and stretch mark is through fractional radio frequency and microneedling which effectively reduces your stretch marks and rejuvenate skin. Another device exilis with monopolar radio frequency and ultrasound combination can also be combined to tackle stretch marks which along with stretch marks, also takes away your belly fat by 1 to 1½ inches per session.
FAQs About Scar & Stretch Mark Removal
The outcome of a laser scar and stretch mark treatment is extremely satisfying. Scar revision requires 3 to 5 sittings while stretch mark reduction requires 6 to 8 sittings; and the results improve progressively with each subsequent sitting. More than 85% of the people taking laser treatment for their stretch and scar marks find a significant improvement. Almost all types of scar marks fade away with this technique; be it new or old, shallow or deep. The best part of this method is that it is nearly painless. Read these FAQs and their answers to guide you further regarding this laser technique.
- How do scars form?
- Scars form as part of skin's natural healing process whenever multiple layers of skin are injured. The injury may be the result of an accident, surgery, burns or even severe acne.
- What the types of scars?
There are basically three types of scars: Atrophic, Hypertrophic and Keloidal.
- Atrophic Scarring is depressed pin-like pockets in the skin that can result from skin conditions such as acne and chickenpox. Other presentation of atrophic scars is in the form of stretch marks or striae, the exact cause of which is unknown. It is however thought that stretch marks or striae are often due to excessive stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth (common in puberty) or rapid weight gain (e.g. pregnancy, muscle building, or rapid gain of fat).
- Hypertrophic Scarring is firm, raised and pink scars that remain within the initial wound area and may fade over time. It is seen most commonly secondary to some injury or following surgery and are seen typically within six months of initial insult to the skin.
- Keloidal Scarring is firm, raised and reddish-purple scars that extend beyond the initial wound area and can increase in size with time. These scars are the most distressing to the patient in terms of itching, pain and unsightly surface. They are commonly seen in extensive burns and in individuals who have keloidal tendency and hereditary predisposition.
- How do stretch marks form?
- Stretch marks or striae are often the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth (common in puberty) or weight gain (e.g. pregnancy, muscle building, or rapid gain of fat).
- Any special advice for people with sensitive skin to avoid these marks?
- One should always use good emollients while anticipating sudden weight gain or weight loss. This may minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
- Is the scar and stretch mark removal permanent?
- Yes, the scar reduction is permanent.
- How do Lasers work to reduce Scars?
- Laser beams work on the principle of producing micro-injuries in the deeper layers of skin, thus stimulating new collagen formation and making the scar shallow and narrower with each subsequent sitting.
- Are Laser treatments for Stretch Marks a safe bet?
- Yes, ablative pixel Erbium YAG laser is the best bet in terms of safety and efficacy on Indian skin. The biggest advantage of Laser treatment is the speed with which the results are achieved. Most patients notice improvement after the very first sitting.
- Is the treatment painful?
- The procedure feels like snapping of rubberband and usually tolerated well by most of the patients. But for sensitive individuals and at higher fluence levels, topical anesthesia with mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine for 60 minutes prior to the procedure may be needed. As an alternative, cold air or ice may be used to minimize discomfort.
- Any side effects of Laser Removal for stretch marks & scars?
- No serious side-effects or complications are noted post-treatment, however some patients may get redness and inflammation over the treated area which is self-limiting and settles overnight. Ice compresses may be applied to the treatment areas to speed up recovery and to make you more comfortable.
- How many treatment sessions will I need?
- Scar revision requires 3 to 5 sittings while stretch mark reduction requires 6 to 8 sittings.
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
We are all born with smooth, supple, baby-soft skin. But as we travel through this journey called "life", our skin is subjected to innumerable harsh conditions which can leave premature signs of aging on our face like wrinkles, fine lines and pigmentation. Also there can be birthmarks, tattoo marks or scars left by some diseases or injuries. We, at AuraSkinInstitute are well aware of these concerns and we offer you technologically highly advanced lasers operated by fully trained personnel. So come to us and leave behind all your skin worries!
Get a Free Quote Here »