Pimples or acne vulgaris is a very common problem which mainly occurs in the people with oily skin or those who have a family history of acne. In addition, some environmental and life-style factors like faulty dietary habits (excessive intake of milk products, fried foods or sweets), stress, pollution, hormonal imbalance, thyroid disease and an overuse of various cosmetic products can also responsible for this.
It is usually seen in teen-age during puberty but may continue in the adulthood. It generally affects the face, the upper part of the chest, and the back. Acne may have disfiguring effect in form of active lesions, post-acne pigmentation or post-acne scars on the face.
Acne Treatment Procedure
At AuraSkinInstitute, we aim at giving you the right acne treatment by first taking a detailed medical history followed by clinical examination to ascertain the cause of acne. It is very important to rule out any underlying systemic condition or hormonal aberrations before starting the treatment. Then each patient is counseled on how to control the precipitating factors and finally a customized treatment plan is chalked out.
Active acne is treated with a combination of medical therapies like oral antibiotics and retinoids. Concurrent treatment for dandruff or seborrhea is also given to address the problem better. Additionally, a chemical peel can be done to hasten the recovery and at the same time lessen the pigmentation.
Recently introduced mesotherapy or miconeedling dermaroller technique along with hyaluronic acid serum instillation is yielding rewarding results for the effective treatment of ugly acne scars. And the resistant acne scars are treated by i-Pixel Er:YAG laser.
FAQs About Acne Treatment
Acne in the acute phase is a problem of pus-filled extensions on the surface of your skin mainly the facial area, while later on it leaves nasty scars over the face. The treatment aims at identifying and addressing your underlying problem if any, followed by planning a customized treatment protocol for each patient. Here is the description of some of the main FAQs and their answer to clear your doubts and queries regarding this treatment. Take a look!!
- What really causes acne?
- Acne is caused by variety of conditions mainly in those who have oily skin and strong family history of acne. In addition environmental factors like faulty diet especially sweets and excessive intake of milk products, stress, pollution, hormonal imbalance, underlying medical problems and frequent use of comedogenic cosmeceutical products definitely play a role in aggravating the problem.
- How does this treatment help in getting rid of acne forever?
- The treatment aims at identifying and addressing your underlying problem if any, counselling you how to cut down the precipitating factors. It is basically a unique and customized blend of medical, laser and other latest state-of-the-art technologies delivering real and exemplary results.
- Is this treatment for people of all ages, or particularly for the youth?
- Yes, the treatment is effective for people of all ages and not limited to any particular age group.
- Is skin color a restriction for this treatment?
- No, skin colour is not a restriction for the treatment. People with all skin types can take this treatment.
- Are the effects permanent?
- Yes, the effects are permanent with fractional ablative laser. Whatever improvement you are rendered with laser treatment for scar reduction will stay there for good.
- Is the treatment painful?
- The laser procedure for acne scars feels like snapping of rubberband. While mesotherapy feels like a hot stone massage. However, the pain sensation is subjective; well tolerated by some and unbearable for others. For sensitive individuals and at higher fluence levels, topical anesthesia with mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine for 60 minutes prior to the laser procedure may be needed. As an alternative, cold air or ice may be used to minimize discomfort.
- Are there any side effects of laser treatment for acne?
- I-pixel Er:YAG laser is very precise and safe to be used over delicate areas like face, produces better texture changes; and has less downtime with minimal risk of pigmentation. No serious side-effects or complications are noted post-treatment, however some patients may get redness and inflammation over the treated area which is self-limiting and settles overnight. Ice compresses may be applied to the treatment areas to speed up recovery and to make you more comfortable.
"The world's biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman."
At AuraSkinInstitute, Cocktail Therapies stand for a unique blend of various medical treatments for a glowing youthful skin, including removal of Pigmentation, Periorbital Pigmentation, Acne or Pimples and Facial Rejuvenation. Our experts won't let you complain of any discomfort or inefficiency during the treatment! Go through every detail, mentioned here and prepare your mind for the treatment you need. You have the right to know everything, after all its your skin, your looks, your money!!!
Get a Free Quote Here »