PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy is an exciting and new non-surgical concept of regenerative medicine. It is also referred to as ‘Vampire’ or ‘Dracula’ therapy; as it involves blood being taken from patient’s own body, processed and then re-injected directly back into patient’s own scalp, face or affected area.
How is PRP therapy done?
It is a very simple, half-an-hour lunch-time procedure and you can join your work immediately after the treatment.
- First blood is drawn from your vein like you give blood for any other blood test.
- Then this blood is processed and centrifuged and PRP is separated from the rest of the blood.
- Finally under topical anaesthesia, PRP is injected into the affected area using dermaroller or microneedling.
Indications for PRP Therapy:
Hair Regrowth: The primary purpose of using PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles into an active growth phase as PRP contains many growth factors essential for hair growth such as Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) and Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF). So what you get after this therapy is ‘Better and Faster’ growth rate of your hair.
It works best in patients with diffuse thinning and miniaturized hair especially women who tend to lose their hair all over the scalp. It can also be combined with hair transplant - pre-operatively, intra-operatively, or post-operatively. It not only helps in healthier and faster growth of transplanted hair, but also stimulates the existing thinning hair at the same time.
- Anti-aging: PRP therapy gradually improves the skin texture and vitality by reducing the wrinkles and fine lines from the face and neck. It is primarily used to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles from the face and dark circles around the eyes. It can also be used for wrinkled neck and décolleté and for general textural improvement of the skin of hand and feet. The overall effect is youthful, glowing and tightened skin.
- Scar Revision: PRP acts as a trigger to revive the healing process by starting production of new collagen, elastin and fibroblasts. This results in more orderly collagen remodeling, better skin tone, and more natural looking tissue. Results will be gradual (up to 6 months) as new collagen is being produced. Depending on the severity of the scar, multiple treatments may be necessary. Any area of the body with a scar can be treated with PRP.
- Fat Transplant: The success of fat transplant depends upon the ability of the fat cells to survive by acquiring blood supply. Adding PRP to the extracted fat cells provides the necessary growth factors required for cell survival, thus promoting new collagen growth and gives longer lasting results.
How often it should be done?
PRP therapy can be repeated every two weeks and usually 3-4 sittings are sufficient, though some patients may require maintenance therapy once a year or more frequently depending upon the need. The visible results can be seen after 3-4 months of treatment. This treatment is available at Aura Skin Institute for all the indications.
PRP has been used successfully in various medical and surgical conditions for many years. PRP is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the cells from your own blood directly back into the area where it is needed. Hence is not rejected by your immune system and there are absolutely no chance of getting any allergy or hypersensitivity.
No serious side-effects or complications are noted post-treatment, however some patients may get mild redness and inflammation over the treated area which is self-limiting and settles overnight.
Why chose Aura for PRP Therapy?
Aura Skin Institute has introduced this revolutionary and innovative, PRP therapy for the first time in this region. We use specialized cold centrifuge and US FDA approved PRP Kits to prepare PRP and enhance the viability of its cells. We have our own research papers published on PRP therapy in international journals of repute.
PRP therapy though new, yet is a well established technique of hair restoration which is very safe and gives amazing results. To know more about PRP Therapy, Have a look!!