Laser Treatments

  • What are the favorable areas for laser hair removal?
  • Any area all over the body where you are bothered with unwanted hair growth is favorable area for laser hair reduction. With advanced 4th generation AFT SHR Laser technology, safety profile is significantly high even for delicate body parts like face, underarms and bikini area.
  • Who is the perfect candidate for laser hair treatment?
  • Anyone and everyone who wants to get rid of his or her unwanted body hair. Best results are obtained in persons who have unwanted hair growth but normal hormonal profile. But there is always a ray of hope for those who have hirsutism (excessive hair growth) due to hormonal imbalance; provided they are simultaneously treated for abnormal hormonal profile. Of course, number of sittings will be more in these people and they might need maintenance therapy as well.
  • What happens during a treatment?
  • The hair above the skin is trimmed away. You may be asked to wear dark glasses to protect your eyes from the laser light. Next, a cold gel is spread over the treatment area. The laser handpiece is applied to your skin and pulses of light begin destroying your unwanted hair roots. After the procedure, when the gel is removed, much of the hair gets wiped off with it. The remaining hair in the treated area will progressively fall out over a two-week period.
  • Should I restrict any activities before & after treatment?
  • There is no need to restrict your day to day activities. Threading and bleaching is not allowed during laser sittings. Absolute photo-protection must be observed, meaning you must apply sunblocks with good SPF every three hourly and direct rays on face should be avoided.
  • Is it completely safe? What are the side effects?
  • Yes, the modern lasers (especially SHR and diode lasers) are absolutely safe. Some minor side effects may occur in the form of itching, redness, and swelling around the treatment area. These side effects are usually self limiting and don't need any medication. Following the treatment, you can return to work and resume all regular activities immediately.
  • How many treatment sessions will be there and why multiple sessions?
  • Usually 6-8 treatment sessions are sufficient if you have normal Hormonal profile. However these also vary depending upon the area being treated. And if you have altered hormonal profile, then you may require maintenance sittings at variable interval. You need more than one sitting, because at any one time, not all hair follicles are 'active', and only active hair follicles can be affected and destroyed by the laser treatment. 'Inactive' hair follicles can be treated as they become 'active' over time. That's why an average of 6-8 treatments is required to remove all hair.
  • Will my hair ever grow back, and if yes, then after how long?
  • This is permanent hair reduction where laser reduces around 90 % hair permanently. The remaining 10% hair become very fine and grow at a very slow rate, thus become imperceptible and ultimately stop bothering you. There is chance of regrowth only if some underlying hormonal problem crops up in future.
  • Is the treatment painful?
  • No, most of the modern lasers are absolutely painless. The latest Super hair removal (SHR) laser with in-Motion™ technology has completely revolutionized the process of hair removal. It is continuous, virtually pain-free hair removal without the use of any anesthesia or numbing gels. It is very fast and can cover large body areas in very short span of time.
  • How much Hair Removal will cost me?
  • The cost is determined by the body part and area you chose. One can get attractive packages if going for more than one body part at a time!
  • Will it leave any scar on my skin?
  • No, Never! This risk is never seen with this technology though it was common with conventional lasers.
  • Can laser be also used for procedures like eyebrow and beard shaping?
  • Yes, the latest Soprano ICE laser has a specially designed 'Facial Tip' which is used for eyebrow and beard shaping. So say goodbye to your nagging and painful saloon visits and achieve the most desirable results with this laser absolutely painfree. This tip can also be used to remove unwanted hair from other hard to reach areas like ear lobes, nostrils and glabella.
  • Is the laser treatment cost 'Tax Deductible' as a medical expense?
  • Since this is purely a Cosmetology procedure so unlikely to be tax deductible.