The passion of Dr. Suruchi Garg to work for restoring people’s confidence in their look and personality matched by her expert level of training in the field of cosmetic and medical Dermatology resulted in Aura Skin Institute – one of the most unique and progressive skin and hair clinics in India.
She is the Founder Director and Chief Consultant Dermatologist and Hair Transplant Surgeon at AuraSkinInstitute heading a team of courteous and experienced doctors, nurses and aestheticians.
She did her MBBS from Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC), Shimla and M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh – one of the most prestigious and premier tertiary care institutes of India. She completed her 3-years Senior Residency (Registrar) from the same institute and also worked as Senior Consultant Dermatologist & Cosmetologist at Fortis Hospital, Mohali.
Her excellence in specialized medical care supported by comprehensive research and education got Aura Skin Institute selected as one of the training institutes for Fellowship in “LASER AND AESTHETICS” by IADVL (Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology).
|MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India||Dec 2006|
|MBBS||Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC), Shimla, India||Mar 1999|
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE: Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology
|Director and Chief Consultant||Aura Skin Institute, SCO 44-45, Sector 9D, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh.||Oct 01, 2011 onwards|
|Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist||Department of Dermatology, Fortis Hospital, Mohali and INSCOL Hospital, Chandigarh.||Jun 30, 2010 to Sep 30, 2011|
|Senior Resident (Registrar)||Department of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology, PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.||Jun 30, 2007 to Jun 29, 2010|
|Junior Resident (MD)||Department of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology, PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.||Jan 01, 2004 to Dec 31, 2006|
ADVANCED TRAINING COURSES
- Certified advanced training course in FUE and Robotic Hair Transplant at Hair Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA conducted by Dr. James A. Harris on 24th March, 2015.
- Certified ‘International Masters Course on Aging Skin (IMCAS)’ conducted at Goa by Benjamin Ascher of France and Daniel Cassuto of Italy on Nov 16-17, 2013.
- Completed Advanced Laser training in Cosmetic Dermatology and Body contouring at Caesarea, Israel in June 2012.
- Certified advanced training course in Botox and Fillers conducted by International School of Lasers, Dermatology and Aesthetics (ISLDA) on 26th February, 2012.
- Certified course on Alopecia (Hair Loss) conducted by Dr. Kieran Walsh, Editor, British Medical Journal (BMJ) Learning on 3rd May, 2012.
- Certified advanced training course in Botox conducted by Allergan Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd. on 27th January, 2012.
- Certified advanced course in ‘Avoiding complications with Facial Fillers’ on 12 Oct, 2010 by Cindy Grime, Director, Medscape, LLC, New York, USA.
- Advanced certified training course in Laser Facial Rejuvenation conducted at Mumbai on 14th March, 2010 by Prof. Andreass D. Katsambas and Dr. Alberto Glannetti, President and Past Presidents of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV).
- Participated in many national and international hands-on workshops in cosmetic Dermatology, Lasers, Hair Transplant, Botox, Peels and Fillers.
PRIZES AND HONOURS
- “Czars of North India 2015” Entrepreneurship Award organized by Hindustan Times and conferred on December 2, 2015 held at Chandigarh, INDIA
- “Indian Achievers Award 2015” for Healthcare excellence owing to outstanding achievements in Health and Social Services given on 10th Sep, 2015 at New Delhi, INDIA
- “Indian Award for Excellence 2015” bestowed during conference on ‘Economic growth and National Unity’ held at New Delhi, INDIA on 26th July, 2015
- “Jury’s choice award for The Best Dermatology Clinic in India 2015” conferred during National Business and Service Achievers Awards function held at New Delhi, INDIA.
- “The Best Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic 2014” award conferred on September 28, 2014 at New Delhi, INDIA.
- “Global Achievers Award 2014” given in an international conference on ‘Celebrating Global Indians’ held on 9th March, 2014 at Dubai, UAE
- “Global Healthcare Excellence Award 2013” given on August 11, 2013 at New Delhi, INDIA
- “Young Dermatologist Award 2008” in Dermacon, 2008 given on 27th Jan, 2008 at Chandigarh, INDIA
- ‘State Merit Scholarship’ awarded in 8th, 10th and 10+2 examinations.
- A patent (vide Indian Application Number:-201611014581) has been filed for “New protocol for facial rejuvenation using Monopolar radiofrequency device so as to take away or minimize the requirement of external volumnising agents like fillers”
Research Projects Completed:
- No-filler, no-botox facial contouring using Energy Based Devise in 30 subjects: Reposing the fat planes back from where they have migrated. Presented in IMCAS-2015 at Goa, India.
- Outcome of intra-operative injected platelet-rich plasma therapy during follicular unit extraction hair transplant: A prospective randomized study in forty patients. Presented in IMCAS-2014 at Goa, India.
- Comparison of results of FUE hair transplant between intra-operative PRP group Vs non-PRP group: A prospective randomized study. Presented in XI International Congress of Dermatology, New Delhi, 2013.
- To study the epidemiology, natural history and phenotype of psoriasis in north Indian population – a 10 year study. Presented in World Congress of Dermatology, Seol, 2011.
- How the epidemiology and phenotype based behavior of Psoriasis vary in childhood Psoriasis as compared to standard psoriatic population – presented at European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Lisbon, Portugal, 2011.
Research work (ongoing):
- Pixel Erbium:YAG Laser – single tool with multiple applications for pigmentary dermatosis on Indian/Asian skin type
- Treatment of stretch marks with fractional lasers and topical retinoids
- Member of CSI – Cosmetic Dermatology Society (India)
- Member of Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS)
- Member of Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology (IADVL – LM/P/5029)
- Member Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India (AHRS – A/210/2015)
- Member of Asian Society of Pigment Cell Research (ASPCR)
- Member of Punjab Medical Council Of India (Reg. No. 39223)
1. Director and Chief Consultant Dermatologist and Hair Transplant Surgeon, Aura Skin Institute, SCO 44-45, Sec 9D, Chandigarh, India (From 01.10.2011 to till date)
2. Consultant Dermatologist, Fortis Hospital, Mohali and INSCOL, Chandigarh (From 30.06.2010 to 30.09.2011)
- Did all kinds of cosmetology procedures including peels, botox, fillers, mesotherapy, vitiligo surgery, lasers, hair transplant and many more.
3. Senior Resident (From 30.06.2007 to 29.06.2010)
- Incharge for Psoriasis, Pigmentary disorders, Dermatosurgery, contact dermatitis, urticaria, Leprosy, Pediatric dermatology and Phototherapy clinics at PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
4. Junior Resident (From 01.01.2004 to 31.12.2006)
- Got training in all the subspecialties of Dermatology like Psoriasis,Contact Dermatitis, Dermato-surgery, Leprosy, Paediatric Dermatology, Pigmentary diseases, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Urticaria in Nehru Hospital, PGIMER, a 1500 Bedded Multispeciality Post Graduate Teaching Tertiary Care Hospital, Chandigarh, India.
- Doing routine clinical/ ward work and research in clinical dermatology
- Actively involved in the management of HIV/AIDS patients with STDs and various Dermatoses
- Participated in the Postgraduate teaching sessions, clinical meetings and Multi disciplinary team discussions
- Actively participated in clinical case discussions, case conferences and presentations
- Presented many seminars, journal clubs and student clinical meets.
- Ample experience in teaching postgraduate students and paramedical staff.
- Worked as an active member in organizing 1 Asia Pacific and 2 national and various regional conferences.
- Many research papers in international indexed journals and presented paper at national conference and won award.
- Bronze medalist in Table-tennis in National Medicos Meet at AIIMS, New Delhi
- An excellent stage performer and won many medals in skits, choreography, folk dances etc. at both school and university level.
- Garg S. Outcome of intra-operative injected platelet-rich plasma therapy during follicular unit extraction hair transplant: A prospective randomised study in forty patients. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2016;9:157-64.
- Gupta S, Handa S, Kanwar AJ, Radotra BD, Minz RW. Cutaneous vasculitides: clinico-pathological correlation. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2009 Jul-Aug;75(4):356-62.
- Gupta S, Nutan, Dogra S, Kanwar AJ. Bowen Disease over photoprotected site in an Indian male. Dermatol Online J. 2009 Oct 15;15(10):16.
- Gupta S, Dogra S, Yadav S, Kanwar AJ. Degos disease in the setting of dermatomyositis like presentation: a diagnostic dilemma and a therapeutic challenge. Accepted for publication in Journal of cutaneous medicine and surgery.
- Garg MK, Yadav MK, Gupta S, Kumar N, Khandelwal N. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans with contiguous infiltration of the underlying bone. Cancer Imaging. 2009 Sep 29;9:63-6.
- De D, Kanwar AJ, Radotra BD, Gupta S. Extrafacial granuloma faciale: report of a case. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2007;21:1284-1286.